The Music Of Veronica Mars

Episode 2-3: "Cheatty Cheatty Bang Bang"

  1. "I Turn My Camera On" by Spoon (Gimme Fiction, 2005; VMS): played when Veronica is tailing Kendall. See Notes for more info.
  2. "Jeannie With The Light Brown Hair" sung by Mike King: karaoke song performed by Lars to his girlfriend.
  3. "Love Hurts" sung by Courtney Taylor-Taylor (of the Dandy Warhols) (originally performed by Nazareth, Hair Of The Dog, 1975; GH): karaoke song performed next. See Notes for more info.
  4. "Smoke It" by the Dandy Warhols (Odditorium Or Warlords Of Mars, 2005): played as Big Dick flees his office. See Notes for more info.

Notes:

  • Spoon: You can download "I Turn My Camera On" under the "Bonus" section and watch the video under the "Video" section of the band's website.
  • "Love Hurts": Technically, the Everly Brothers were the first to perform this song, and Roy Orbison and Gram Parsons/Emmylou Harris covered it before Nazareth, but the arrangement that Courtney Taylor-Taylor is singing is clearly modeled on Nazareth's version.
  • The Dandy Warhols: You can watch the video for "Smoke It" here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. "I Turn My Camera On" by Spoon is my new favorite song. It went so great with episode.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I turn my Camera on" is sooo annoying. Dude, i get the whole, she-always-has-a-camera deal, but seriously they could be a wee bit more creative.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this song gets a bit annoying if u listen 2 it more than once but otherwise it goes well with the episode!

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally disagree i absolutely love this song. Its the song that got me into Spoon, its catchy with its beat, great song in its own..but yeah an obvious choice in the scenes it was used in VM.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For "I Turn My Camera On", I'm probably over analyzing it, but since Cassidy was the one who told her to track Kendall I thought it was cool that some of the lyrics to the song were:
"I turn my feelings off, y'made me untouchable for life and you wasn't polite" reminded me of the whole Woody Goodman thing and "Keep on blowin' em off" reminded me of blowing up the bus. But I think I'm stretching it.
I really liked the song "Smoke It" for when Dick Sr. was running away, I really liked the beat of it for that scene.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

About this page

Want to post a comment? Not sure what "GH" and "VMS" mean? Read the FAQ list.

Looking for an atom feed? Click here.

Corrections? Updates? Additions? Suggestions? Lemme know.

Episode index:

Interviews:

Veronica Mars Original Television Soundtrack:

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger